Autumn's apple abundance is well worth raising a glass to Honeycrisp apples are sweet with a touch of tartness that lends an invigorating crisp flavor, giving this boozy beverage plenty to buzz about. Maple syrup bolsters the warmth of the bourbon.
- 14 ounces Honeycrisp apple slices (about 3 medium apples)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unfiltered apple cider
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 ounces bourbon
- Garnish: additional apple slices and thyme springs
How to Make It
Process 14 oz. Honeycrisp apple slices, water, apple cider, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a blender until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour through a fine sieve into an ice-filled pitcher. Discard solids. Stir in bourbon. Garnish, if desired.
Make It a Mocktail: Swap out the bourbon for 5 ounces light ginger beer, such as Fever-Tree Naturally Light.